Warsaw Kids Film Forum 2018: open call for projects
The 2nd edition of the Warsaw Kids Film Forum, an international pitching forum for films and series for young viewers, will be held on 26-28 September 2018 in Warsaw during The Kids Film Festival. Submission of projects that want to take part in the Pitching (in the Development or Work-in-Progress phase) or at the Script Exchange is open until 31 May.
The Warsaw Kids Film Forum brings together representatives of the film industry from countries producing a lot of high-quality movies and series with film makers from countries where production is just gaining momentum.
At the Forum you can:
- present your project and find a co-producer, distributor, sales agent or television partner,
- meet representatives of film institutes and regional funds,
- consult the project being developed with professional script advisors in individual meetings,
- learn the latest trends in the market of production for young viewers
- win one of the best pitching prizes (incl. participation in The Financing Forum for Kids Content 2019 in Malmö, or at the EAVE Producers Workshop 2018 in Luxembourg, as well as the possibility to conduct production and post-production services in the Audiovisual Technology Center in Wrocław for a total amount of PLN 160,000 ).
The three-day program of the Warsaw Kids Film Forum consists of a first day of conferences, the so-called Inspiration Day, used to present case studies for the most interesting co-productions for children – animation, live action or documentaries, dedicated to a cross media approach to telling stories, building a marketing campaign or analysing the European production market for children. The second and third day of the Forum are dedicated to pitching of 28 qualified projects (series and full-length films – live action, animated and documentary) and individual meetings of Forum participants with representatives of the Polish and foreign film industry. A novelty in this year’s program will be the Script Exchange reuniting screenwriters and directors with producers, and the Producers’ Meeting aimed at starting co-production.
Over 80 projects from 25 countries submitted in 2017 and over 200 participants in the Forum – including representatives of sales agents Sola Media, Global Screen, Canal + television, NRK, YLE, NDR and Netherland Film Funds, as well as the Polish Film Institute, indicate the growing need to establish contacts between developed film industries and new emerging markets. Only in Poland, in the last 3 years, the first productions for young viewers that have achieved commercial success have been created, as well as an allocation by the Polish Film Institute dedicated to the family audience was given its own category, to which approx. 50 projects were submitted just in the first year.
Submission of projects for Pitching and the Script Exchange is open until 31 May. The registration form and a list of required attachments is available HERE & HERE. After registration, you should receive a confirmation email. If you didn’t, please contact with firstname.lastname@example.org.
Observer registration starts on 4 June and lasts until 16 September.
Back to news